The Nazarene master teacher Jeshua (Jesus) spoke not only to prepare oneself for the coming Kingdom of God, but he warned people that they should be ready for these latter days. People should look at the signs of the warning times. He also said that he would not return until everyone has an opportunity to hear the Gospel message.
Some believe that this prophecy will be fulfilled when the Bible, or for some, at least the New Testament, is translated into every language on earth. Others believe the hearing of the Gospel message will be fulfilled when the technical means for communicating the Gospel at a single moment is available everywhere. But note that both these understandings of this prophecy conclude that its fulfilment will come through human efforts.
All people shall have to come to know they are creatures, made in the image of God, who have a purpose in God’s Plan. The Divine Creator calls every human being to hear His Voice and to listen to His Will. Each individual has received from God some capacities he or she can use for the good or the bad. Though when Jesus shall return every human being shall, at the day of judgement, have to give up his accounts, explaining why he or she has done so.
In Scriptures there is spoken of a sawing, reaping and harvesting. The apostles heard many stories where Jesus gave an idea what would come later and how people could or did not prepare themselves for the consummation of the age. The disciples, of course, expected that Christ would enter Jerusalem as a King, with a royal presence, to remove the Romans and thrown down the corrupt temple, all at the same time and soon! They animatedly expressed their shock at Jesus his startling announcement of the final abandonment of Israel’s House (Mat. 23:34-39). By time, they came to understand that there was more than one era Jesus his followers had to face. “Sunteleìas toû aiônos” often translated as “the end of the world” but since aiòn may signify “a time, an age; a very long time, eternity; the material universe,” it also may picture “the end of an epoch, the winding down of a given era” and also the end of the era of false Christs (Mat. 28:20)
Speaking about “the end of the material universe with its dissolution of the present world system“, we should know that Jesus had it about the end of time as well as final judgement and the beginning of eternity for righteous man. (Cf. 2Pe. 3:3-13; Mat. 7:22; Mat. 13:39 f., Mat. 13:49; Joh. 6:39; Joh. 11:24.)
Jesus had already taught his talmidim that he would leave the earth to return to his heavenly Father (Mat. 19:28; Joh. 7:33; Joh. 8:21; Joh. 8:28), but also that he would come again after a long time (Luk. 18:8; Luk. 19:11-15), namely at the close of the age (Mat. 13:40; Mat. 13:49) in glory (Mat. 16:27). they also kne w Jesus had ordered them to endure to the end, submitting to hardship if the necessary consequence. (Mat 24:13; 2Ti 2:3).
For the few years Jesus taught them the disciples had learned that they had to have their light shine before men. (Mat 5:16; Mat 10:32-33) and had to hold forth the Word of Life. (Php 2:16). Another commandment of Christ was to say to the perishing,
“Come”. (Rev 22:17).
Jesus had asked his disciples to be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, courteous, and manly (1Co 16:13; Php 4:4; 1Th 5:6; 1Th 5:8; 1Th 5:10; 2Pe 1:5-7) and never to cease being part of the Body of Christ and talking about their hope by the promises of God being aware of the necessity to preach the gospel also to the Gentiles (1Co 12:15-16; Mat 4:23; 9:35; Acts 8:25,40; Ro 1:9; Gal 2:7).
Already soon in the public life of Jesus, after he had chosen some simple men, fishers of fish to become fishers of man, he instructed his pupils so that they may become worthy teachers after him. They learned to see how much misguidance there is in the world. At that time there was deceit all around them, but Jesus told them the delusion would become bigger, hokum being the mainstream of a society which would be more interested in material gain than in spiritual gain. The apostles warned for people who are realy “man of sin” who would try others to believe that the Christ would be sitting in the temple of God, presenting himself as if he were God. (Though Jesus never presented himself as God.)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called elohim, or that is worshipped; so that he as elohim sitteth in the temple of elohim, shewing himself that he is elohim. (2Thess 2:3-4, NRKJV)
Those deceivers shall be unveiled in their own time. Throughout the ages there always have been people showing others that Jesus is the way to God and not to himself, him so called being God. For millennia there have always been people who kept to the Biblical truth and continued to preach the True Word of God and not some human philosophies and human doctrines. They too warned for at time when the lawless one will be unveiled. Though many would prefer to follow the misleading church leaders who shall present power, signs, and lying wonders, and not offering the world the love of the truth. (2Thes 2:10). The apostles asked their brethren to stand firm and to hold on to the (Jewish and by Christ Jesus given) traditions which they were taught, whether by word or by the letters the apostles wrote.
The apostle Paul was convinced that the end would not come until Jesus would return in a time that lots of rebellion would occur and the man of lawlessness shall be revealed (2Thess 2: 3). The world has come to know that the Lord Jesus will overthrow the deceivers with the breath of his mouth and destroy them by the splendour of his coming.
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom Yahushua shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (2Thess 2:6-8, NRKJV)
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 16 Now our Master Yahushua the Messiah himself, and יהוה, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through favour, 17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. (2Thess 2:15-17, NRKJV)
The embodiment of all the godless “lawlessness” has been working in “mystery” for ages (2Th 2:7) and continuously “the man of sin” (2Th 2:3) ruled the world. Strangely enough but the salvation of the Body of Christ requires the destruction of the Church her foe. There may be found so many religious groups in the world, but it will be at the time that sincere lovers of Jehovah God shall go around preaching the Good News of Salvation bringing more and more people all over the world to accept the Biblical truth about the Saviour Jesus. The Son of David’s reign in Zion and over the whole earth, is to be ushered in judgement on the apostate Christian world by the sharp words of Christ Jesus himself, showing at the greatest height of the Antichrist his perfect nothingness and nearest his fall, like Herod his type.(Rev 19:15; Rev 19:21; Isa 1:24-27; Acts 12:20-23).
Man may laugh at those who believe in God and at those who proclaim their faith in Christ, but ass adversaries of God they shall be unmasked and it will be a grand fiasco, this advent of the man of sin, who shall not be able to escape his doom. All this shall happen because God shall find its time to consume the sinfull earth and to judge in righteousness the poor and outcasts. It shall be the Most High God Who finds it is time to fulfil His Plan and therefore shall decide with equity for the meek of the earth, striking the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips slaying the wicked.
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of יהוה shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of יהוה; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of יהוה: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. (Isa 11:1-5, NRKJV)
The adversaries of God shall say that always we have had “wars and rumors of wars” and for many parts of the world there have also been “famines and earthquakes in various places”. Several times we also could find people who said they were the Messiah or even the returened Christ. We can also see that many times there have been very popular false prophets who deceived many people. What matters more and should get our attention is the warning about the multiplication of preaching.
It is not necessary for us to know the day and the hour of the exact year when the “great tribulation” is to break out against this entire “system of things.” But to have the Word of God preached all over the world is something we have in our own hands. We ourselves can either be silent or open our mouth and proclaim the Good News.
The work that Jesus began in Israel — to “bear witness to the truth” — did not stop after his death or after the death of his disciples. It continued and expanded to global proportions. Many people came to believe in the Nazarene rebbe and chose the side of the truth, listening to Jesus his voice, instead of listening to the many so called theologians. (John 18:37) To extend that work to “all the nations” would be challenging; to do so in the face of “hatred by all the nations” would be nothing short of miraculous. The accomplishment of this immense task would magnify not only Jehovah’s supremacy and power but also his love, mercy, and patience. In addition, it would give his servants an opportunity to show their faith and devotion.
The early Christians did not take credit for what was being accomplished and many who came after them did not shout it from the rooftops. Throughout the ages lots of the devout study of the Bible and preaching of “Jesus being the way to God“, happened often in hiding, out of fear for the own life. But, here and there, they used opportunities to tell about the Biblical truth and to gain people for their way of life and faith.They recognized that their work as ministers was supported by “power of holy spirit.” (Romans 15:13, 19) Jehovah was the one responsible for spiritual growth. At the same time, those Christians knew that they had the privilege and responsibility of being “God’s fellow workers” , but were aware that they could only try to “plant and to give water”, God being it who will cause growth (1 Corinthians 3:6-9) Consequently, in harmony with Jesus’ admonition, they exerted themselves vigorously in the work they were assigned to do.
As apostles to the nations, men and women, went to many places to tell about the coming Kingdom. Their words spread and are still spreading today.
During the latter part of the 19th century, after a long period when religious apostasy prevailed, several pepole who had fled Europe to find new pastures in the New World, hearing about the different Christian denominational teachings and discussing those church doctrines, after more serious Biblestudy came to reestablish pure worship. The Bible Students well understood the command to make disciples in all the earth. (Matthew 28:19, 20) By the late 19th century, the Bible, which contains the good news, or gospel, had been translated and printed by Bible societies in many languages and distributed around the world. Thus, for some decades, the Bible Students reasoned that a witness to the nations had already been given. Though they could see the horror of two terribly incredibly devastating world wars, they realized the end was not yet there for now.
In spite of this Bible distribution it is still necessary for God’s little band of witnesses in the earth to print literature explaining God’s purpose and to call upon the homes where these Bibles have been placed. Otherwise the people would be left in ignorance as to the setting up of the Messianic government in our day.
Bible Students came to a correct understanding of our Lord’s prophecy contained in Matthew 24:14. They then realized that ‘this gospel’ which was to be preached in all the world for a testimony to the Gentiles or all nations, was not a gospel of a kingdom yet to come but a gospel to the effect that the Messianic King has begun his reign over earth. When Jesus was on earth the Kingdom of God was already there by the people and it was up to people themselves to chose to be a partaker of that Body of Christ, and to become messengers for that Kingdom on earth and Kingdom in heaven.
From the 1960ies the preaching spread more and more over the industrialised countries, where the main churches became afraid of those who witnessed in the Name of Jehovah, so that they did everything to get rid of that Holy Name. They went even so far that publishers of Bibles edited the texts and in many parts took away the Name of God, exchanging it by the word “Lord“, so that people would not know about which lord wwas spoke in the text. Many preachers of those churches also wanted their flock to believe that the Lord God His Name was Yahweh or Jesus and not Jehovah. They were quite succesfull for a while and by telling all sorts of lies against those people who used the Name Jehovah, they got a lot of people away from Jehovah the Only One True God.
By means of His powerful Holy Spirit, Jehovah God continued and still continues to empower His servants to accomplish His will. Not by their own might, nor by the power of those different Bible Students organisations, but by the Spirit of Jehovah God of hosts could the many preachers show the true light of the gospel to those who started questioning their denominational church. —Zechariah 4:6.
Though nearly 2,000 years have passed since Jesus said that the good news would be preached, the zeal that God’s people have for the work has not diminished. We know that by our endurance in doing what is fine, we reflect Jehovah’s qualities of love, mercy, and patience. Like Him, we do not desire any to be destroyed but desire that people repent and become reconciled to Jehovah. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20; 2 Peter 3:9) Aglow with God’s spirit, the many people who witness for Jehovah, them being part of the Bible Students movement, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Brethren in Christ or Christadelphians, Church of God or Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith, zealously continue to proclaim the good news to the ends of the earth. Even when they, like Jeshuaists and Jews may receive lots of twarth, they follow the course of sympathy and hospitality, always clinging to what is good and right according to what the Holy Scriptures say.
9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving יהוה; 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. (Rom 12:9-18, NRKJV)
As a result, people everywhere are accepting the truth and conforming to Jehovah’s loving direction. By doing so, the amount of people believbiong in the Only One True Elohim, Hashem Jehovah, and His only begotten beloved son, increases and makes more people following up the task of God’s son, to spread the Gospel of the coming Kingdom, making it possible to have that Good News being told over the whole world so that the time of Jesus returning may be at hand.
- The Greatness of the eternal God
- God’s Plan, Purpose and teachings
- People Seeking for God 2 Human interpretations
- Being Religious and Spiritual 1 Immateriality and Spiritual experience
- Christian fundamentalists feeding Into the Toxic Partisanship and driving countries into the Dark Ages… #2
- When you believe Jesus is God: who do you think is the mediator? #2 Firstborn from the dead our advocate
- God son king and his subjects
- Jesus and his God
- Today’s Thought “A king will reign … princes will rule …” (June 08)
- Infinite payment of sin by the son of God
- Matthew 7:13-23 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: The True Disciple #3 Matthew 7:21-23 The ones Jesus never knew
- Matthew 13 – Parables on Kingdom mysteries
- Matthew 13:47-50 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Parable of the Dragnet
- Matthew 16:24-28 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: A Disciple Must Disown Self
- Paul’s warning about false stories and his call to quit touching the unclean thing
- Are we sometimes like Peter and say we do not know Jesus
- Decrease in church attendance not only a recent feature #5 Necessity of attendance
- Let us make sure we now believe
- Date Setting
- Jesus … will come in the same way as you saw him go
- How can we prepare for the Kingdom of God
- Need to reject an archaic, racist inspired interpretation of the Bible and animosity against other believers
- Seeds from the world creating division and separation from God
- Today’s thought “They flattered … they lied” (February 14)
- Today’s thought “The eyes of man are never satisfied” (April 17)
- After darkness a moment of life renewal
- Today’s Thought ” … the earth will be shaken” (May 23)
- The Rapture Wars
- How to Find the Meaning of Life and Reach a State of Peace
- Let us being filled each day by the Word of God
- Today’s thought “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good” (January 17)
- Stormy wind
- The resurrected Lord
- Memorizing wonderfully 35 When the son returns it shall be As it came to pass in the days of Noah
- Memorizing wonderfully 24 the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father
- To be prepared and very well oiled
- Preparing for his coming
- You know neither the day nor the hour
- Looking on what is going on and not being of it
- Looking at things, distinctions resolutions and expressions
- The Song of The Lamb #8 Revelation 15 Lessons for us today
- Jesus Christ will return to earth
- Looking forward for what is to come
- The New Testament and Judgement
- To be prepared for the Day of Judgment
- No time like the present
- The Return of Israel
- Prophecies over coming days
- Signs of the Last Days
- Signs of the last days when difficult times will come
- Sign of the Times and the Last Days #2 Wars, natural disasters, famine and false Messiahs
- Sign of the Times and the Last Days #3 Coming events revealed in the prophetic writings
- Memorizing wonderfully 52 Acts 7:56: the Son of man standing on the right hand of God
- Being enlightened concerning the significance of the times in which we are now living
- Back from gone #1 Aim of ungodly people
- The NIV and the Name of God
- Hebrew, Aramaic and Bibletranslation
- Spelling Yahshuah (יהשע) vs Hebrew using Yehoshuah (יהושע)
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- Archeological Findings the name of God YHWH
- The Divine name of the Creator
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- Piper: The impact of God’s awesome reality doesn’t hit us and hold us and shape us unless we become still
- A Gift and a Calling
- My Favorite Early Christian Passage: Commandment 12 of the Shepherd of Hermas
- The Grand Narrative
- Monday: Habit – Look for the Return of Jesus
- The One Coming in the Name of the Lord
- The Coming of the Son of Man
- The Olivet Discourse: Matthew 24
- Behold, I Am Coming Soon.
- The Truth or a Lie
- The Fallen Soldiers
- The Man of Sin
- Have You Set Yourself Up as a God?
- The Day of the Lord’s Appearing
- Jesus is coming back — look busy!
- Our Last Days Calling
- False Signs and Wonders in the Last Days
- The Rise of Lawlessness
- The Return of Christ
- The return of Christ and living as children of light
- Various Viewpoints on the identity of the ‘false prophet’ of Revelation
- False anti-Christ to Hide the Real anti-Christ
- I Thessalonians 4:13-18 “Our Future Hope”
- Dissipation, Drunkenness, Anxiety – Signs of the Times (Repost)
- Luke 12:32-48 “Are You Ready For Christ?”
- Expecting Christ’s return (2)
- Showtime for the False Messiah is Almost Here!
- Because He Comes
- Timing of Christ’s second coming
- Don’t Be Deceived (about the Coming of Christ)
- Remember When?
- Christ’s return – will Christ find you watching?
- Christ’s Coming Again to Judge
- 9 Reasons We Know Christ Is Returning
- What The Bible Has To Say About The Return of Christ
- Joyful Return
- Revelation 22 Amen. Come, Lord Jesus
- The End: God is in Control